This section explains all of the Time Events
You can find the date time events under the “Time” section in your action and events graph. The events include the following:
- Add Time
- Format Time
- Parse Time
- Day, Minute, Second, Nanosecond, Year & Year Day
The Add Time event allows you to add time in hours, minutes, seconds, milliseconds or nanoseconds to a variable of type Date Time.
The Format Time event can be used to create a textual representation of the time value according to a user input layout. The video below explains how this event works.
The parameters for the function are as follows:
- Variable: Date Time variable
- Layout: Single line text variable representing how you would like to format the time. The layout of the date is made with reference to the reference date and time Mon Jan 2 15:04:05 -0700 MST 2006. The table below shows examples of the different layouts that you can set.
- As: a text representation of the time formatted according to the layout.
The Parse Time event can be used to take a textual representation of a time value, in a specific format and to then convert this into a variable of type Date Time. An example of this event are shown below.
The parameters for the event are as follows:
- Variable: Date Time Variable.
- Layout: Single line text variable representing how the date time is formatted. As with the Format Time Event the layout of the text variable is made with reference to the reference date and time Mon Jan 2 15:04:05 -0700 MST 2006.
- As: a Date Time variable
Each of these events takes a date time input variable and then returns a number corresponding to the Day, Minute, Second, Nanosecond, Year or Year Day. For example, let’s take a quick look at the Day Event.